- Figure the GPA at the conclusion of each semester based on a 4-point system and credits earned
O = 2 points
A = 2 points
B = 1.5 points
C = 1 points
D = .5 point
F = 0 points
- Add-on bonuses for .5 credit
Honors O's, A's, and B's
An Honors O is worth .0166
An Honors A is worth .0083
An Honors B is worth .00415
- Add-on bonus for total credits over 20 credits earned (this will not be determined
until the end of the senior year.) A student must take at least one
honors course to qualify for this add-on. Figure total number of credits
earned and subtract 20. Divide the result by 40.
- Semester Credit: Each grading period is 37.5% of the final grade; exam is 25% of the
- The cumulative GPA is updated each semester.
- A maximum of 32 total credits will be used to calculate the student's class rank and GPA. If more than 32 credits are completed, the student's GPA/class rank will be determined on the basis of the best 32 credits earned as determined by the student/family.
GPA FORMULA/Determining Class rank for class 2019: Please refer to BOE procedure for updated information: